Monday 23 April 2018

Teabags and Envelopes

Hello Folks! 

Today I used some recycled envelopes and gelli printed teabags in my art journal, for my Recycle and Collage challenge at Art Journal Journey


I tore strips of differently patterned envelopes, and cut my gelli printed teabags into quarters. I collaged them onto my page, scraped some DecoArt Crackle Paste over, then added stamping with a Visible Image stamp and jet black archival. I finished with some splatters of Claudine Hellmuth's Classic Teal acrylic and a little journaling. I really love my new Marvy Reminesce gel pens! I was so tempted to add orange drips, but I held back! Lol!

Hope you've had a creative day too,

Alison xox


10 comments:

  1. I think the yellow drips would have turned out good as well-.. as all your layers are fantastic always!
    I love the quaters of the teabags...so fun and a wonderful entry for your fabulous theme Alison!
    Happy evening!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fan shapes you've made from your teabags! what a fab page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the teabags in that shape. They remind me of fans :) I also like your colors. Nice piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layers of papers and colours. It is a great collage page Alison.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous page Alison and love what you did with the recycled elements which all look fabulous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this. When I first saw the teabags, I thought they were Melitta coffee filters. I love how you cut the tea bags into quarters and collaged them onto the page. The texture is wonderful. You turned this into fabulous art for Art Journal Journey, dear hostess with the mostess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you made this pattern with the teabags! The background and all other little details are wonderful!
    Rike x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous collage journal page and a great way of recycling envelopes and teabags.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful collage and I love the oriental look and feel to this page! It looks perfect to me as it is and you made me smile about adding orange drips ...lol 😉. Wishing you a happy and creative week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cool effect with those cut tea bags! They cause an Asian effect, reminding me of fans. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.